Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Canon T2i DSLR

For my wife's birthday, I decided that I would spoil her a little by getting her a new camera. Her photography skills are beyond compare and I figured that she deserved to have a better camera at her disposal. She had been using a Canon Rebel XS for a little while and although a decent camera, some of the improvements made in the last couple years really dated her current device.



I settled on the Canon T2i for several reasons. The first and probably most important in my opinion was the transition from 12 bit images to 14 bit images; for the mathematically challenged, that may seem like a small change, but it's the difference between 2^12 number of colours versus 2^14 number of colours. That's an enormous difference for sure. Secondly, the T2i also includes HD video capabilities, at full 1080p resolution, with adjustable frame rates. That feature alone makes this camera far superior to the previous model. Thirdly, the improved speed of autofocus, startup, continuous shooting and more, really improve the camera's user experience.

Looking forward to seeing some more results from this camera, but as it was a gift, I guess I will have to wait and see what my wife will do with it; no doubt it will be amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment