Search This Blog

Friday, February 11, 2011

It's in you to give...

Today, I am going for my second blood donation with Canadian Blood Services, over at CBS Headquarters in Ottawa, on Alta Vista Drive. I've given blood for the Canadian Red Cross several years ago, but had stopped donating as it was rarely convenient for me. In the meantime, I've discovered that blood is always in high demand, no matter the time of year that it is (we often hear newscasts on the need for blood around the holidays) and that got me thinking about donating again.
 
For about an hour of your time, every 56 days, you can donate blood and help save lives! I was incredibly impressed by the professionalism of the staff operating the clinics as well the level of competence demonstrated by every single person I had the pleasure of meeting on my first visit. Not only was the process entirely painless, but it was also very quick. From the time the staff were ready for my donation to the time that they stopped took a little less than an hour!

So, why not take some time out of your day, head over to the CBS website, find a blood clinic in your area and go donate. It's safe, quick, painless and incredibly needed! It's in you to give!

No comments:

Post a Comment