Search This Blog

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Update on Wedding Photo Project - Gen and Dave

Well, the wedding was a great success. Elena and I shot a little more than 2500 images (although almost 500 were deleted on site for various reasons) and had a very long, but very productive day. Elena had rented some equipment, more specifically:
I got to use the 70-200mm f/2.8L IS lens all day and here are a few things I would like to point out concerning this lens: it is very, very heavy for all day use! It might have been tolerable had the temperature stayed below 38C, but that was not the case. But that was really the only downside!

The image quality is out of this world. The lens is very, very sharp and produces accurate colours in most situations. It is very quick to focus and quiet as well and the IS system is really helpful when trying to handhold this lens for varying situations. I was also surprised by the reasonable minimum focusing distance of this lens, which I expected to be much further than the 1.4m that it focused at.

I got a chance to shoot a few hundred images with the 24-70mm f/2.8L and although I found it very sharp, with great colour as well, it just wasn't a focal length I was really comfortable with and that is an entirely personal thing.

Now we are going through the images, selecting the appropriate ones for the package to hand in to my wife's customer. I'm looking forward to hearing their feedback, but I'm certain they will be blown away!

PS: I've finally seen the final selection of images after some masterful editing and cropping by my very talented wife. I'm blown away and I am certain the clients will fall heads over heels in love with the images.

No comments:

Post a Comment