Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The 10,000 mark...

Today, my music collection has hit the 10,000 song mark... I know it may seem unimportant to many, but I have spent a lot of time in the development, improvement and maintenance of my music collection. Here are some statistics:


  • 10,052 songs,

  • 100% of songs are labelled by title,

  • 92% of songs are labelled by album,

  • 85% of songs are labelled by original track number,

  • 65% of songs have associated front cover artwork,

  • 75% of songs are part of a full album...

  • and finally, 88% of songs are over 192kbps bitrates, with almost 35% at 320kbps.


There are no duplicates in my collection, unless the same song is available on several albums. I know that many of you may think that I am encouraging media piracy by promoting my own collection. For these people, let me say that I do not share my own collection. I have downloaded a large portion of it, but I have also ripped another portion of it from my own CD collection.

I don't want to get into the whole debate, but suffice it to say, it is a milestone in any media collection, so I am happy to announce it!

Talk to you soon...

1 comment:

  1. Would you consider a dump of your collection to my hard drive, buddy?

    ...once I get my PC repaired, of course.

    Great blog by the way! I enjoyed reading it!

    ReplyDelete